Dear Readers, Authors or Publishers,
I am always happy to accept books for review consideration on this blog. However, before you send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or send a review request. Please note the following, as contacting me assumes you have read and agreed to these terms:
- I enjoy hearing from Authors and Publishers but accepting a review copy doesn’t guarantee that I’ll read it or publish a review on my blog. As much as I want to make everyone happy, I reserve the right to decide what will provide an enjoyable experience for my readers and I would also like to keep reading enjoyable for myself. If I am unable to write or publish a review for your book, you will receive an email from me detailing the reasons for this choice.
- I am currently accepting only print books. E-books are currently on my **** list. Although I would encourage you to send a synopsis of your e-book anyway; I am willing to make exceptions for books I think I’ll enjoy reading.
- I am open to participating in blog tours, all I ask is enough notice (at least 2 weeks) to read your book and prepare a post. Please note that I will not talk about books I haven’t read, unless it’s in a sponsored post and this fact will be clearly stated to my readers.
- Once I do decide to write a review. It will be published on this blog, Good Reads and Amazon and then publicized on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. You can expect a review with both positive and negative comments about your book, with a summary of the things I enjoyed or didn’t particularly care for. While I never aim to be brutal, you can expect my complete honesty; at least 2 weeks after I get the book. I suggest you read some of my book reviews before sending a request.
Having said all that, here are the genres I read for this blog:
- Anything written by an African Author.
- Literary Fiction
- Crime Fiction
- Science Fiction
- Graphic Novels
I primarily read fiction but I will also read:
- Essay Collections
- Books like Quiet J
I will also accept Movies and TV shows, out of Africa, for review. Again, accepting one of these does not guarantee a review.
To my esteemed Readers
While I receive many books for review, I will always let you know where I got the book and give you my honest opinion regardless of the source.
Thank you for reading. I look forward to reviewing your books!